We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 25th 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any special categories of data.
The legal basis for processing your data
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
- That we need to in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
- That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
How is your data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you correspond with us by post, phone and email.
What we do with the information we gather
We use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with us.
- We may use the information for our legitimate business interests; to improve our products and services to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use or, where you have provided us with a corporate email address, for our legitimate interests (as described above),provided you have not unsubscribed.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post but only in accordance with your express and explicit consent for such contact. We may also use the information for our internal business purposes and legitimate interests of improving customer satisfaction to customise our website(s) according to your interests to provide you with a better experience.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes – if you don’t agree then don’t tick.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information or we are using your contact details for our legitimate interests for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean your right to have your data erased cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that you provided us with us in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please write to or email us at email@example.com or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland. You will not need to pay a fee to access your personal data which we hold.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at email@example.com or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Disclosures of your personal data
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure computers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets . We limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, we will comply with our legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
Any password(s) which you might use to access our website or other platforms that are operated byus using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else, save as to making provisions in your will. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straightaway and change it.
If you have reason to make a complaint, then you should contact us in writing as soon as possible at email@example.com or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8, Ireland.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic-log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website(s) in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is then removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website(s).
Links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.